How does you manage your P&C bookkeeping and inventory? Handwritten books, Excel spreadsheets, pay a bookkeeper, accounting software – if so which software?
Here are some suggestions from our Facebook community on how to manage your P&C bookkeeping:
- If you are in Qld and a state school, check with P&C Qld as the Dept has rules especially if you’re looking for a cloud-based system. The data has to be stored in Australia and not overseas. Xero is definitely off the list, but MYOB is ok and Reckon’s cloud-based system has data in Australia. We use Reckon desktop based for inventory & accounts.
- Volunteer Treasurer is an accountant & we use QBO for that side. I voluntarily run the uniform shop (also an Accountant) and currently use MYOB retail (old desktop version) and excel spreadsheets for inventory/stocktake purposes.
- As treasurer at a school with 300 students, we jumped on midway last year to Quickbooks. I use MYOB for another role but found Quickbooks really easy to use and cheaper than the alternatives. It doesn’t make things any easier just more organised.
- I second Quickbooks. Really easy to use and I don’t have an accounting background. We too have a payroll for the canteen so it depends how complicated it is.
- 4 other readers also commented suggesting to use MYOB.
- 2 more readers also commented and suggested using Xero.
To read more about this topic click on the Facebook image at the top of the page to head to the thread. While you’re there, make sure you like our Facebook page if you don’t already!
Originally published 20 October, 2018
You might also be interested in:
- What should we charge for sausage sizzle and bacon and egg rolls?
- What do you enjoy most about fundraising?
- Has anyone done a fundraiser with an online payment facility?
- What are some tips for making our Father’s Day Stall a Success?
- How do we get volunteers to help on fete day?