For more recipe ideas download our Sweet Stall Convenor Resources for FREE! We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be in our ‘Free Resources’.
> Cake Stall Recipes for Fetes and Festivals
These recipes are part of the ‘sharing’ feature of Fetes and Festivals, and volunteers within community groups have contributed most of them. The aim of this communal bank of recipes is to provide a portal where knowledge can be shared and precious time saved for volunteers.
Please use all of our resources as a guide only, and modify them for your own circumstances. Fetes and Festivals takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained within.
Best of luck organising your event, and please stop by later to contribute your own ideas, resources and photos!
- 120g butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 30g butter
- ½ cup boiling water
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a lamington tray.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluff and gradually add the eggs and mix well.
- Add flour and milk alternately to the mixture stirring gently after each addition. Add vanilla essence and stir. Spread batter in tray and bake for 35 minutes.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Melt butter in ¼ cup boiling water.
- Sift icing sugar with cocoa.
- Add butter/ water mixture, mixing well.
- Add vanilla essence and enough of the remaining water to form a thin icing.
- Cut cooled cake into 30 squares, dip each square in icing, then roll in coconut and leave to dry on a wire rack.
You may also be interested in:
- Cake Stall Recipe List
- Publicity Officer Resources
- Money Tree Convenor Resources
- Shortbread Recipe
- 25 All-Time Best Fundraising Ideas