NOTE: This guide has now been superseded by our ‘Free Resources’. We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be. Please click here to download the full recipe list in our Cake Stall Convenor Resources.
> Cake Stall Recipes for Fetes and Festivals
These recipes are part of the ‘sharing’ feature of Fetes and Festivals, and volunteers within community groups have contributed most of them. The aim of this communal bank of recipes is to provide a portal where knowledge can be shared and precious time saved for volunteers.
Please use all of our resources as a guide only, and modify them for your own circumstances. Fetes and Festivals takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained within.
Best of luck organising your event, and please stop by later to contribute your own ideas, resources and photos!
- 120g butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 30g butter
- ½ cup boiling water
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a lamington tray.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluff and gradually add the eggs and mix well.
- Add flour and milk alternately to the mixture stirring gently after each addition. Add vanilla essence and stir. Spread batter in tray and bake for 35 minutes.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Melt butter in ¼ cup boiling water.
- Sift icing sugar with cocoa.
- Add butter/ water mixture, mixing well.
- Add vanilla essence and enough of the remaining water to form a thin icing.
- Cut cooled cake into 30 squares, dip each square in icing, then roll in coconut and leave to dry on a wire rack.
Click here to send in your photos, templates and ideas!
You may also be interested in:
Find suppliers in your area for: