NOTE: This guide has now been superseded by our ‘Free Resources’. We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be. Please click here for a downloadable copy of the Fete Convenor Resources.
It’s Fete Day Showtime!
The day of your fete has arrived! It’s Showtime! For fuss-free preparation, allow plenty of time before gates open.
• Hand out identity badges to all stall holders and fete workers. These can be anything from a proper lanyard with an ID tag to a laminated tag with a hole punched in it, pinned to clothes. Include key contact numbers, such as First Aid, the ‘floating roster’ coordinator and the money collector on the reverse side of the badge.
• Convenors need to be easily identifiable: let the theme be your dress guide. Alternatively, have matching shirts printed or wear silly hats.
• Have someone direct traffic to stalls that need to be set up and give people ample time to move their vehicles off the grounds.
• Hand out maps to as many helpers as possible so they can direct outside vendors to their sites.
• Make information available to a trusted group of helpers so that they can assist as many people as possible. This overcomes any one person being overwhelmed by questions demanding answers.
• Do a last-minute check that stall holders have everything they need, and have the mobile phone number of specific
contacts for emergencies.
• Hand your MC a final running list and program guide.
• Schedule money collection throughout the day.
• Breathe — it really is going to be okay.
• Smile: It’s going to be great!