Apart from a fete/fair what is another highly profitable school fundraiser?
Here are some suggestions for highly profitable school fundraisers from our Facebook community :
- Trivia nights make a mint. They are fun and with a full house you can do so much with them.
- We just completed a Pie drive with a local bakery (great winter one) it was a hit with all the mum’s!
- Trivia night / Bogan bingo
- Fun run was our next biggest money maker
- We keep coming back to sausage sizzles (Bunnings BBQ’s are good) and cake stalls as they are always our most consistent in terms of money making. Cadbury chocolate fundraisers can be good but it’s also hard to coordinate – chasing up people to return their $$ or unsold chocolates.
- Lollipops Playland – They let you hire out the venue for $100, with a minimum of 60 kids & you can charge them whatever price you like & you keep the profits, if you go instore they have booklets with all the info.
- We did a walkathon last year – with only 140 students we raised over $3000. highly profitable and the easiest fundraiser ever!!!!
- We did a silver coin challenge. Children brought in silver coins and we updated their weekly amount over 4 weeks . The class that raised the most won either a movie day or class party. The kids had a lot of fun watching their tallies rise weekly. The teachers even used it as a mathematical learning approach. We raised over 3K.
- Adults only Trivia night – We had the first one last year and it sold out. It was 80’s theme and everyone dressed up. We squeezed more tables in this year as lots of people missed out last year so there was a sense of buy tickets quick. Ticket cost $25 per person and sold in tables. Pre-order alcohol but also sales on the night. This years theme was ‘Night at the movies’. 320 adults squashed into our school hall and we raised $14k. The local pub did food platters and served them. We bought the alcohol. Each table did own decorations and extra food. The only game that I remember was toss a coin to get closest to a bottle of Moet to win. Donated by the pub. Local real estate agent donated a $1000 restaurant voucher for the winner.
images from reader’s trivia night
You might also be interested in:
- Can anyone suggest any ideas for lolly stall alternatives?
- Do you have any tips for an outdoor movie night?
- 25 All-Time Best Fundraising Ideas
- Unique Ideas for FUNdraising