Plan Your Fundraising Efforts Early
As the year draws to a close, many committees across Australia are already starting to plan their fundraising efforts for the next year. By planning early, you can hit the ground running and not waste valuable time in the first few months of the year exploring different options.
Even if you don’t have a final plan in place by the end of the year, you can still do your research and finalise the plan in the new year. The Fundraising Directory website (yes, that’s this one!) provides a wealth of information and inspiration for your research. You can browse through a variety of fundraising ideas and reach out to suppliers for more information.
Suppliers can provide valuable support and information on how to maximize your fundraising efforts. Consider a mix of different types of fundraisers, such as:
- 1 major event (such as a fair, family day, or evening event)
- 1 product drive (such as cookbooks, cookies, chocolates, seeds, or lunchboxes)
- 1 event aimed at children (such as melamine plates, tea towels, or calendars with children’s artwork)
- 1 community-building event (such as a comedy night, trivia night, or Christmas carols)
- Additional events such as Mother’s and Father’s Day stalls, free dress days, election BBQs, and student disco nights
- Unlimited passive fundraisers, such as loyalty programs like label fundraising
Do your research and then reach out to suppliers for more information. This will help you to make the upcoming year your best fundraising year yet!
Mandy Weidmann aka the Fundraising Whisperer
The original version of this article was published 22 October, 2017
You might also be interested in:
- Getting your Fundraising Ideas ‘Over the Line’
- ‘Background’ or Passive Fundraising
- Kickstarting new ideas