Please note – this is a brand new project – please send in your feedback to help us improve everything!
6 Weeks to Go – ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown Planner!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Suppliers who can help you – lucky dips and prizes
- Links to useful articles
- Fete video
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
‘Fete in a Box’ is the ultimate expression of our mission at the Fundraising Directory ‘to save volunteers from having to reinvent the wheel all of the time’!
- Sign up to our emails counting you down to the big event, featuring a BUNCH of tips and templates to make life easier.
- Send us your stuff! Fete in a Box is a ‘living project’ so please send us your feedback, ideas and templates to make it even more helpful!!
- This project is a huge labour of love, so please support our work by letting our advertisers know you found them through us 🙂
Tip: thank you for sponsoring is a fete poster
Tip: Community sign off on hours for volunteering
Tip: Recruiting volunteers – use positive language
6 Weeks to Go! It’s time for:
- Volunteers roster for the day
- A bin empty roster/person
- A toilet check roster/person
- Communications: ride tickets avail in XX weeks tiered pricing / showbags to XX date
- Advertise/ speak on each assembly
- Marketing communications flyer
- Organise posters and what to do with them – to display in local shops etc.
- It’s not too late to get last minute sponsors – hurry before the flyer printing is locked in!
- Time to chill because you’re going to be very busy soon hahaha,
- Sell ride bands and showbag packages
- Start to set up at outside venues such as local supermarkets. Don’t forget to hand out little flyers of the fete – if they don’t buy a raffle ticket at least they’ll know about your event!
☐ What’s not on this list but in the email 😉
- An extra fun tip! Make sure you’ve signed up to our countdown emails so you don’t miss out!
Suppliers who can help you – Lucky Dips and Prizes
Below is a useful list of suppliers who can help you at this stage of organising your event. If you do end up booking with any of them, please let them know we sent you, so that they know, for sure, to continue supporting our good work!
Company: Visit Website | Send Enquiry
Showbag Drive Fundraiser
Wet Weather Contingency Planning
A chat with Rebecca White: The Circus before the Carnival
To do decorations (pinterest)
How to Engage New Volunteers
Helpers standing out from the crowd!
Still coming! (be patient – if it had to be perfect before we pressed ‘go’, it would never happen!!!
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders