For more recipe ideas download our Sweet Stall Convenor Resources for FREE! We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be in our ‘Free Resources’.
Date Loaf Recipe
> Cake Stall Recipes for Fetes and Festivals
These recipes are part of the ‘sharing’ feature of Fetes and Festivals, and volunteers within community groups have contributed most of them. The aim of this communal bank of templates is to provide a portal where knowledge can be shared and precious time saved for volunteers.
Please use all of our resources as a guide only, and modify them for your own circumstances. Fetes and Festivals takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained within.
Best of luck organising your event, and please stop by later to contribute your own ideas, resources and photos!
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 30g butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- Place dates in a bowl and add butter. Pour over boiling water and add the golden syrup.
- Mix with an electric beater on medium speed until butter melts.
- Add brown sugar, bicarbonate of soda, vanilla essence and flour. Mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into a baking paper lined 22cm loaf tin. Bake at 180°C (or 160° fan forced) for 45 to 50 minutes or until loaf springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in tin for 5 minutes before turning on to a cooling rack.
You may also be interested in:
- Cake Stall Recipe List
- Guide for Cake Stall Convenor
- Guide for Snow Cones/Fairy Floss Stall Convenor
- Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 25 All-Time Best Fundraising Ideas