I’m a member of a CFA auxiliary and we normally do a trivia night every second year. (We have trivia MC and question creator on our team who volunteer their time so have not had to outlay for this)
I’m after some fresh ideas for this year as Trivia nights are EVERYWHERE at the moment in our small community. Any advice or ideas would be muchly appreciated!
Here are some suggestions from our Facebook community for alternatives to a trivia night:
- Disco bingo is fun!
- How about a ‘Destination Unkown’ themed games night like this school did? Each team was based on a country and exec team from the school were the pilots.
- Market night. Local craft people and businesses, charge for table. I get them all to donate a raffle prize too.
- Musical bingo
- High tea with a fashion parade.
- We have done a Dolly Disco Bingo (cost was around $700 for her) & this year are most likely going to use funky bunch trivia (same price as Dolly). We are located in Melbourne though, so unsure how far out they would travel. Can highly recommend Dolly, she was fabulous!
- What about a themed trivia – like Movies? Or music or Disney. Make it a dress-up too? That way you can still use your MC but differentiate from the others?
Comedy was a popular suggestion:
- We did a comedy night which was fun. I found a comedian who had connections to several others (they all help each other out with gigs).
- Would Comedy for a Cause be an option? Find a licenced venue that can maybe give you the room for free in return for a drinks package, and the comedians come to you.
- We went to one at a neighbouring school. Four comedians, with the ‘headliner’ being a major international comedian. It was a great night, but really needed to be in a licenced venue for ‘atmosphere’.
This reader question was brought to you from ‘Fete Convenors: A Fundraising Whisperer Community‘. To read more conversations like this make sure you like our Facebook page and join our community!
Originally published 1 November, 2019
You might also be interested in:
- Hawaiian Theme Ideas
- What ‘extras’ have been successful at trivia style events?
- Trivia Night Activities: selling cheats
- Fashion Parade Fundraiser
- Twilight Market Fundraiser