For more recipe ideas download our Sweet Stall Convenor Resources for FREE! We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be in our ‘Free Resources’.
Syrup Cookies Recipe
> Cake Stall Recipes for Fetes and Festivals
These recipes are part of the ‘sharing’ feature of Fetes and Festivals, and volunteers within community groups have contributed most of them. The aim of this communal bank of templates is to provide a portal where knowledge can be shared and precious time saved for volunteers.
Please use all of our resources as a guide only, and modify them for your own circumstances. Fetes and Festivals takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained within.
Best of luck organising your event, and please stop by later to contribute your own ideas, resources and photos!
- 150g butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 tsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tsp milk
- 1 ¾ cups plain flour
- Place butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan large enough to mix all the ingredients.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and mixture is close to boiling.
- Allow to cool slightly. Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in milk and add to the cooled mixture with sifted flour. Mix well.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on lightly greased oven trays. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 180°C (or 160° fan forced) for 15 minutes or until golden.
You may also be interested in:
- Cake Stall Recipe List
- Guide for Sponsorship Convenor
- Guide for Site Convenor
- Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- 25 All-Time Best Fundraising Ideas