If you are organising a large event, it is a great idea to have your team of organisers standing out and clearly identified. This way, it’s clear who the ‘go-to’ people are for the swarms of helpers and guests.An easy way to do this is to have a team t-shirt printed, but there are others. Here are a couple of fundraising event ideas I have come across to get you thinking.
- Put your sponsor’s logos on the team t-shirt – this provides them with valuable promotion which can also offset the cost of the printing (or even make it a profit-machine!)
- At an event such as a fete, you can nominate student helpers and dress them in brightly coloured shirts so they stand out. A fete I went to recently (have I mentioned recently that I love my work!) had their student leaders dressed in bright orange so it was easy to spot them to ask questions. Love it. You can even put something funny on there. I’m reminded of a quote from Southpark: ‘There are no stupid questions, only stupid people’. No, don’t say that!!!
- It doesn’t have to be a t-shirt – anything that makes you stand out from a distance it also great. It can be balloon hats, mexican sombreros, even simple lanyards. For some reason, the overwhelming majority of fundraising volunteers I’ve come across in my time are quite prepared to look ridiculous for a cause!
Originally published 22 September, 2014
You might also be interested in:
- Grants Space
- The Power of a Grants Calendar
- Grant Writing: Mastering the Art
- Welcoming New Families
- Cakes and Slices Stall