Who do people use for their school discos, what do you charge and what does that include for the kids?
Here are some ideas from our Facebook community about this School Discos question:
- DJ is $300 we charge $10 per child, $25 for a family of 3, or $30 for a family of 4 or more. This includes entry, sausage sandwich, drink (either bottle of water or can of soft drink), zooper dooper, packet of chips and a glow stick. We then sell extra glow items on the night from $1 – $6 as well as face painting, hair spraying and a mini nail bar. We also sell extra drinks and sausage sandwiches.
Here are some great ideas if you want to get a little more DIY/ know someone helpful in your school community:
- We have finally purchased all our own lighting and sound equipment. We use Just Dance video clips for the kids to dance along and play games and give away prizes. We do day time and block out all the windows in our hall. Teachers supervise the students. For $5 kids get entry, popper and fresh popcorn. We play limbo, 4 corners, hoola hoop competition, dance off competitions.
- We charge $2 a head, have soft drinks, juice and water on sale. Plus hot dog (in bread), sweeties, crisps and glo stuff. We have an awesome dad who is our DJ and teachers and admin supervise.
- Use: Teachers for DJs and supervision, volunteers for ticket and food stands. Charge $6 per child (kids only – no parents in the hall). They get a glow stick (put on when they buy their ticket), a drink (popper or cup of cordial) and a packet of popcorn in the break. We run two discos – one for K-2, and one for 3-6 with a 15min break between them. We also have a stall selling cake stall type foods and sometimes cans of drink (if we have them leftover from other fundraisers). Discos are a really low effort but great profit fundraiser for us.
- We have a parent with all the equipment and she does an amazing job. It saves us around $350/400 I think. We charge $10 per head for entry, a small bottle of water, small pack of chips and a glow stick. We have sausage sizzles you can preorder for $2.50 plus other drinks and lollies available on the night.
To read more about this topic click on the Facebook image at the top of the page to head to the thread. While you’re there, make sure you like our Facebook page if you don’t already!
Originally published 7 August, 2018
You might also be interested in:
- Theme Ideas: Disco Inferno
- Masquerade Disco with mask making classes
- Thanking Volunteers
- ‘Other’ ways to volunteer in fundraising