Red Nose Day
- 1300 1 RED NOSE (1300 173 366)
Red Nose Day is SIDS and Kids’ biggest national fundraising activity held each year in Australia. SIDS and Kids is less than 5% government-funded and relies heavily on the proceeds from Red Nose Day to continue its work in providing vital services and programs in your local community including:
- Ongoing bereavement support and counselling to families and the community following the sudden and unexpected death of a baby, infant or child – provided free of charge, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!
- Education to thousands of parents, carers and health professionals on how to reduce the risk of SIDS and fatal sleeping accidents through our world class, evidence-based SIDS and Kids safe sleeping program
- Free-of-charge publications and distribution of leaflets, brochures and booklets
- Funding of research when suitable and appropriate projects are available
- Research into the causes and prevention of sudden and unexpected death of babies and children including SIDS, stillbirth and other unexplained deaths.