I’m after some suggestions for fundraising funds for only 4 students to participate in an Overseas Learning experience.
Here are some suggestions from our Facebook community on raising funds for students to participate in an overseas learning experience:
The resounding input from our readers was:
- The p&c would need to step back from that. You can’t be seen to endorse/help just 4 students. It is the parents of those children that should be raising funds.
However, here are some ideas:
- Barefoot bowls. Bingo. Trivia night. Cent auction. There’s plenty of things that can be done outside of school it’s just finding the people to organise and help with it.
- If you have a handy photographer in your group perhaps you can do either family portraits or Santa photos if you can find Santa.
- Garage sale or Swap-meet. Get all the students to ask for unwanted items, get them to go through their own. I always buy from kids who are fundraising so make sure you put up a sign as to where the money is going and get the students to do the work with you supervising.
- Car wash run by the students and families.
- They could run a raffle which has no obligation and they could sell in school, with the school and p&c’s support, and also sell out of School to their families and friends!
- P&C is for the majority of the school community, however, we do have a sponsorship deal if kids are chosen to represent at a state level at a school activity or sport, then we sponsor them $100 to assist with expenses. This policy was approved by the members.
To read more about this topic click on the Facebook image at the top of the page to head to the thread. While you’re there, make sure you like our Facebook page if you don’t already!
You might also be interested in:
- Advice for Individual Fundraising
- Do It Yourself Fundraising: how to raise money as an individual
- Run a Car Wash as an Event Extra
- Fundraising Tip – Tips for selling raffle tickets
- Virtual Volunteering