For more recipe ideas download our Sweet Stall Convenor Resources for FREE! We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be in our ‘Free Resources’.
Ginger Biscuits Recipe
> Cake Stall Recipes for Fetes and Festivals
These recipes are part of the ‘sharing’ feature of Fetes and Festivals, and volunteers within community groups have contributed most of them. The aim of this communal bank of templates is to provide a portal where knowledge can be shared and precious time saved for volunteers.
Please use all of our resources as a guide only, and modify them for your own circumstances. Fetes and Festivals takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained within.
Best of luck organising your event, and please stop by later to contribute your own ideas, resources and photos!
- 180g butter
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- extra white sugar
- Melt butter and golden syrup in a saucepan large enough to mix all the ingredients.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sugar. Add egg and beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and mixed spice into the saucepan. Mix until well combined.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and then roll in extra sugar. Place on lightly greased oven trays.
- Flatten with a fork. Bake at 180°C (or 160° fan forced) for 12 minutes or until golden.
You may also be interested in:
- Guide for Coffee Shop/Cafe Convenor
- Sweet Stall Recipe List
- Guide for Cake Stall Convenor
- Shortbread Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe