For more recipe ideas download our Sweet Stall Convenor Resources for FREE! We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be in our ‘Free Resources’.
Fruit and Nut Slice Recipe
> Cake Stall Recipes for Fetes and Festivals
These recipes are part of the ‘sharing’ feature of Fetes and Festivals, and volunteers within community groups have contributed most of them. The aim of this communal bank of templates is to provide a portal where knowledge can be shared and precious time saved for volunteers.
Please use all of our resources as a guide only, and modify them for your own circumstances. Fetes and Festivals takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained within.
Best of luck organising your event, and please stop by later to contribute your own ideas, resources and photos!
- 125g butter
- 15ml golden syrup
- 1¼ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- Icing sugar
- Melt butter and golden syrup in a saucepan large enough to mix all the ingredients.
- Remove from heat. Sift flour and baking powder into the saucepan.
- Stir in coconut, raisins, walnuts and sugar. Lightly beat egg.
- Add to saucepan mixing until well combined. Press into a greased 20 x 30cm sponge roll tin.
- Bake at 180°C (or 160° fan forced) for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Once cold, dust with sifted icing sugar. Cut into squares.
You may also be interested in:
- Guide for Fete Convenor
- Sweet Stall Recipe List
- Guide for Cake Stall Convenor
- Cake Poems for Cake Stall Donations
- Banana Cake Recipe