NOTE: This guide has now been superseded by our ‘Free Resources’. We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be. Please click here for a downloadable copy of the Risk Management Templates and Site Convenor Resources.
3. Fete insurance and risk management
NOTE: This guide has now been superseded by our ‘Fete In A Box’. We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be. Please click here for a downloadable copy of this guide, risk management templates, plus much more!
Fetes and outdoors events bring with them their own special risks with fete insurance and risk management top of the list. Refer back to chapter 4 and about the importance of risk assessment .. it still absolutely stands – but on top of public liability insurance, you need to weigh up:
- property insurance
- personal accident insurance
- liability cover for fundraisers (in case they are sued for negligence)
- weather insurance – be warned it is expensive but if your event already has a history and following, it could be
It’s good practice to carry out a risk assessment for each stall. Here’s a quick template:
Outside vendors participating in your event are responsible for their own public liability insurance. Keep a copy of their insurance on your fete file.
Originally published 16 April, 2015
You might also be interested in:
- 25 All-Time Best Fundraising Ideas
- Grants Space
- The Power of a Grants Calendar
- Grant Writing: Mastering the Art
- Welcoming New Families