Fete Day – ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown Planner!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
‘Fete in a Box’ is the ultimate expression of our mission at the Fundraising Directory ‘to save volunteers from having to reinvent the wheel all of the time’!
- Sign up to our emails counting you down to the big event, featuring a BUNCH of tips and templates to make life easier.
- Send us your stuff! Fete in a Box is a ‘living project’ so please send us your feedback, ideas and templates to make it even more helpful!!
- This project is a huge labour of love, so please support our work by letting our advertisers know you found them through us 🙂
Fete Day! It’s time for:
- Try to get there early to make sure bread delivered etc and also for final check
- Hand out all Coordinator ID Badges
- Food Vouchers to volunteers?
- Check each stall throughout the day and make sure all is running smoothly. Trouble-shoot as necessary.
- Make sure MC has a copy of the Running Sheet and also list of sponsors you want mentioned.
- Little things that always come in handy:
- Sticky tape
- Zip Ties
- Marker pens
- All vehicles must be off the oval, one hour before commencement!!
- Advise the electrician as to where power is required.
- Make sure all areas in the school are locked and toilets are open.
- 2 sets of master keys should be available. One left with a food store (BBQ?)
- Distribute walkie talkies to necessary people. Check spare batteries charged.
- All participants (rides, entertainers, St Johns etc) should be greeted as they arrive and instructed where to set up.
- Stall Co-ordinators should arrive 3-4 hours before commencement.
- Cover all trestle tables
- Start the BBQ early, and get the smell out there to the local community!
- Stalls should not start selling until the fete is officially opened by the Principal.
- The float may go to 2nd hand store early but other stalls to receive floats one hour prior to opening
- Ask all convenors to clean up their areas and stack tables chairs etc in centre of oval. Pack Up crew collect.
- Reward volunteers with BBQ’d leftover meat and drinks
- Make sure all security and gates locked at end of day.
- Ensure the treasurer available with the cheque book for those that require payment on the day. Keep invoices.
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders