Our new and improved ‘Fete is a Box’ is still a work in progress but is due to be launched early 2019 (we are so excited!!).
We appreciate your patience and would LOVE any feedback that you have, either specifically for this page or overall 🙂
xMandy aka the Fundraising whisperer
PS Send us your ideas!!!
Fete Day! It’s time for:
- Try to get there early to make sure bread delivered etc and also for final check
- Food Vouchers to volunteers?
- Check each stall throughout the day and make sure all is running smoothly. Trouble-shoot as necessary.
- Make sure MC has a copy of the Running Sheet and also list of sponsors you want mentioned.
- Little things that always come in handy:
- Sticky tape
- Zip Ties
- Marker pens
- All vehicles must be off the oval, one hour before commencement!!
- Advise the electrician as to where power is required.
- Make sure all areas in the school are locked and toilets are open.
- 2 sets of master keys should be available. One left with a food store (BBQ?)
- Distribute walkie talkies to necessary people. Check spare batteries charged.
- All participants (rides, entertainers, St Johns etc) should be greeted as they arrive and instructed where to set up.
- Stall Co-ordinators should arrive 3-4 hours before commencement.
- Start the BBQ early, and get the smell out there to the local community!
- Stalls should not start selling until the fete is officially opened by the Principal.
- The float may go to 2nd hand store early but other stalls to receive floats one hour prior to opening
☐ End of Fete
- Ask all convenors to clean up their areas and stack tables chairs etc in centre of oval. Pack Up crew collect.
- Reward volunteers with BBQ’d leftover meat and drinks
- Make sure all security and gates locked at end of day.
- Ensure the treasurer available with the cheque book for those that require payment on the day. Keep invoices.
☐ What’s not on this list but in the email 😉
- An extra fun tip! Make sure you’ve signed up to our countdown emails so you don’t miss out!
Suppliers who can help you –
Below is a useful list of suppliers who can help you at this stage of organising your event. If you do end up booking with any of them, please let them know we sent you, so that they know, for sure, to continue supporting our good work!
Company: Visit Website | Send Enquiry
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders