Fete Day – ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown Planner!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Suppliers who can help you – lucky dips and prizes
- Links to useful articles
- Fete video
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
‘Fete in a Box’ is the ultimate expression of our mission at the Fundraising Directory ‘to save volunteers from having to reinvent the wheel all of the time’!
- Sign up to our emails counting you down to the big event, featuring a BUNCH of tips and templates to make life easier.
- Send us your stuff! Fete in a Box is a ‘living project’ so please send us your feedback, ideas and templates to make it even more helpful!!
- This project is a huge labour of love, so please support our work by letting our advertisers know you found them through us 🙂
Fete Day! It’s time for:
- Try to get there early to make sure bread delivered etc and also for final check
- Food Vouchers to volunteers?
- Check each stall throughout the day and make sure all is running smoothly. Trouble-shoot as necessary.
- Make sure MC has a copy of the Running Sheet and also list of sponsors you want mentioned.
- Little things that always come in handy:
- Sticky tape
- Zip Ties
- Marker pens
- All vehicles must be off the oval, one hour before commencement!!
- Advise the electrician as to where power is required.
- Make sure all areas in the school are locked and toilets are open.
- 2 sets of master keys should be available. One left with a food store (BBQ?)
- Distribute walkie talkies to necessary people. Check spare batteries charged.
- All participants (rides, entertainers, St Johns etc) should be greeted as they arrive and instructed where to set up.
- Stall Co-ordinators should arrive 3-4 hours before commencement.
- Start the BBQ early, and get the smell out there to the local community!
- Stalls should not start selling until the fete is officially opened by the Principal.
- The float may go to 2nd hand store early but other stalls to receive floats one hour prior to opening
- Ask all convenors to clean up their areas and stack tables chairs etc in centre of oval. Pack Up crew collect.
- Reward volunteers with BBQ’d leftover meat and drinks
- Make sure all security and gates locked at end of day.
- Ensure the treasurer available with the cheque book for those that require payment on the day. Keep invoices.
☐ What’s not on this list but in the email 😉
- An extra fun tip! Make sure you’ve signed up to our countdown emails so you don’t miss out!
Below is a useful list of suppliers who can help you at this stage of organising your event. If you do end up booking with any of them, please let them know we sent you, so that they know, for sure, to continue supporting our good work!
Company: Visit Website | Send Enquiry
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders