9 Months to Go – Countdown
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Links to useful articles
- Fete video
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
Our ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown is the predecessor to our book: The Practical Fete Handbook for Fundraising Event Organisers! The book contains all of the information in this article and so much more – consolidated in an easy-to-read format, including the bonus: 99 Fete Stall Ideas! You can buy the book in printed form or as an eBook here.
9 Months to Go! It’s time for:
- Hold a meeting to check with coordinators to discuss needs
- Canvas for remaining co-ordinators. If your community needs some extra encouragement download our P&C Poster, P&C Brochure Template and PFA Brochure Template.
- Survey parents – who are connected – what skills + goods are they able to provide? Take a look at our ‘Just One Thing’ letter template.
- Consider Free Dress Day/s to spur on donations
- Form Wet Weather Plan – in particular, discuss whether you will consider wet weather insurance
- If necessary, advertise in local newspaper/ Facebook groups for External Stall and Food operators
- Consider – will you be updating your Fete Banner or printing a new one?
- Advertise internally in the school newsletter for – house & stall/food operators
- Fete website / FB page / Instagram / Facebook closed groups. GREAT IDEA: How about starting a ‘Fete Fringe Dwellers’ closed group and inviting your school community to join. This one is to share the micro-tasks and to make sure the load is shared. For example ‘Is anyone going to be near X in the next two days to pick up this donation’.
- Approach major sponsors
- Do your thing – pay bills, generate invoices for sponsors etc.
- See Month 10 – keep on keeping on
- See Month 10 – just keep thinking and planning
Brains Trust; Creative Ideas for Fetes
Planning School Fundraisers (AKA make it easy for people to come to your event)
Celebrating Anniversaries and Milestones
Using Facebook cover images to promote events
Real estate agents – a fundraiser’s best friend?
Craft Stall Ideas
Just one thing letter
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders