Tip: Schedule other fundraising away from this time, else parents will feel overloaded.
4 Months to Go – ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown Planner!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Suppliers who can help you – lucky dips and prizes
- Links to useful articles
- Fete video
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
‘Fete in a Box’ is the ultimate expression of our mission at the Fundraising Directory ‘to save volunteers from having to reinvent the wheel all of the time’!
- Sign up to our emails counting you down to the big event, featuring a BUNCH of tips and templates to make life easier.
- Send us your stuff! Fete in a Box is a ‘living project’ so please send us your feedback, ideas and templates to make it even more helpful!!
- This project is a huge labour of love, so please support our work by letting our advertisers know you found them through us
4 Months to Go! It’s time for:
- Book all other requirements necessary (St John’s, sound people, stage, equipment hire, generators etc) With Logistics
- Order all equipment/resources/supplies/consumables required
- If supplies cannot be sourced via donations. Bulk buy where possible – Always economise (buy in bulk etc) – the more spent on a stall, the lower the profits!
- Fete hop and check out prices. Work out individual costs of food to be sold, to ensure maximum profit.
- Order Stall/Convenor ID Badges
- Logistics security
- Logistics risk – asses plans
- Treasure map organise
- Sufficient parking available? Sufficient power available?
- Sufficient Rubbish Bins available? Skip Bin required?
- Convenor forms due
- Confirm External Stall/Food operators and check insurance
- Ask Stall/Activity convenors to return their stall requirement list.
- In newsletter, start asking for class donations of goods & services for the stalls
- Book radio and newspaper ads
- Advertise fete in online Special Event Directories
- Send out regular notes to the school community about the fete – via Newsletter, Facebook and website.
- Flag sponsors, make list what you need, who has bulk purchase plastics
- Donation letters to go out and start canvassing local business for financial and or prize support.
* If you can cover the cost of equipment and get donations for food and prizes you will save big $SSSSSS’s.
* If letters do not go out now, the success rate will be lower as other schools will get in ahead of you and bleed the community dry of donations
* When writing letters for assistance, try to focus on a need for the school that the general community sees achievable and of benefit to the children. Generalized letters do not have the same effect.
* Offer sponsorship – gold, silver and bronze in return for extra advertising thru school newsletters, Fete Flyers, Fete website, and on the day. Works well at private schools.
- Confirm advertising plan – banners, flyers, radio and newspaper, website & Facebook
- School based performances commit students. The more outside groups booked, the more people from the community you draw into the fete
- Years prep – year 4 usually perform on the day – make these perform early in the fete as younger children may go home after lunch.
- The school choir usually opens the fete. The school band then performs and then the children can go enjoy themselves.
- Form MC Running Sheet
- Start putting together prizes for raffle ie: prize wheel/multi draw.
☐ What’s not on this list but in the email 😉
- An extra fun tip! Make sure you’ve signed up to our countdown emails so you don’t miss out!
Below is a useful list of suppliers who can help you at this stage of organising your event. If you do end up booking with any of them, please let them know we sent you, so that they know, for sure, to continue supporting our good work!
Company: Visit Website | Send Enquiry
Badge Making Fundraiser
Fete Insurance and Risk Management
Cow Poo Lotto Fundraising
Fete equipment hire
Cake Stall Ideas
Be careful with the money you already have
guide to contingency planning for fete organisers
Waste Management at Your Event
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders