3 Weeks to Go – ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown Planner!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Suppliers who can help you – lucky dips and prizes
- Links to useful articles
- Fete video
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
‘Fete in a Box’ is the ultimate expression of our mission at the Fundraising Directory ‘to save volunteers from having to reinvent the wheel all of the time’!
- Sign up to our emails counting you down to the big event, featuring a BUNCH of tips and templates to make life easier.
- Send us your stuff! Fete in a Box is a ‘living project’ so please send us your feedback, ideas and templates to make it even more helpful!!
- This project is a huge labour of love, so please support our work by letting our advertisers know you found them through us
3 Weeks to Go! It’s time for:
- Saturday donation day drop items at school 9 – 11 etc also good for working parties
- from fb: Have a dedicated person to meet all external performance groups in a specific spot so they can be easily directed to their changing/marshalling area. We found having someone have this as their sole responsibility made things run very smoothly. As mentioned above, clearly marked reserved parking for outside performers, particularly those you might be paying to play/entertain you, helps them a lot as they often have costumes/equipment.
- Rope off bar area – possibly orange bunting
- Directional signs:DIRECTIONAL SIGNS: besides the class stall signs – what other signage do I need – I have toilets, ATM, what else?? FOOD, RIDES, CAKE STALL, CENT AUCTION, LIVE AUCTION……???? Lost child. I would be inclined to also put up a map, even if it’s only a4, everywhere you have directional signs. I go to a lot of Fetes as an outsider and it is so often presumed that people know where to go. Also, balloons or signs at each entrance, particularly if it isn’t the main entrance and not obvious where the fete is.
- A thank you sign
- Maybe disabled and pram access.
- from fb: get a couple of parents with decent cameras and skills to volunteer to take photos for you. I found we always intended to take pictures but were too busy – plus my photography skills are crap! Good photos are fantastic to put on your FB page or school newsletter after the event and they’re useful for promotional material the following year.
- Prepare FAQ for the fete: where should I park?’, ‘where do I collect my pre-paid ride pass?’, ‘do I need to bring cash?Where is the first aid? What time are raffles/auctions drawn? Where are the toilets? Where is the sunscreen? Who do I speak to if I need to ask a question (maybe have some hi-viz people) Also reword the ‘do I need cash’ by including ‘is EFTPOS available?’ And ‘is there an ATM nearby?’ What happens if it rains?
Can I still volunteer or help out?
(It’s never too late to get extra volunteers)
We can’t make it on the day – can we help in other ways?
Is there an entry fee?
(if not, make the No big and bold)
Where can I get more info?
(List your website or Facebook page)
Info about the rides – age/height restrictions. We actually put together a 1 page flyer on things for little kids to do at our fete and then printed it out for the daycares and kindys we advertised with
- Also consider running a few smaller FAQs in each newsletter in the lead up to the fair… it more promotion and gets people thinking about other questions
- Distribute corflute posters, council and private
- Send out Fete letters to other schools in the area about 2 weeks before. These can be put in their school newsletters. Include all feeder high schools, as lots of past students come back each time.
- Check that convenors are submitting receipts as they come in
- Start organising float )reader question – Zara)
☐ What’s not on this list but in the email 😉
- An extra fun tip! Make sure you’ve signed up to our countdown emails so you don’t miss out!
Below is a useful list of suppliers who can help you at this stage of organising your event. If you do end up booking with any of them, please let them know we sent you, so that they know, for sure, to continue supporting our good work!
Company: Visit Website | Send Enquiry
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders