Our new and improved ‘Fete is a Box’ is still a work in progress but is due to be launched early 2019 (we are so excited!!).
We appreciate your patience and would LOVE any feedback that you have, either specifically for this page or overall 🙂
Hello Fete Warriors!
It’s 3 months to go – I hope you’re still breathing!!! You’re really in power-mode now, and a lot of important work will be done over the coming month to get things organised. Luckily, you don’t have to do it all on your own, and we hope the checklists below help you figure out what to get help in with! It’s a good idea between now and your event to try and keep other forms of fundraising at a minimum, otherwise, parents may feel overloaded.
In case nobody else is saying it to you, you’re doing an awesome job! Hang in there, it will all be worth it 🙂
xMandy aka the Fundraising whisperer
PS Send us your ideas!!!
3 Months to Go! It’s time for:
- Order Stall/Convenor ID Badges or team T-shirts
- Insurance – check when and who needs what
- Confirm External Stall/Food operators and check insurance
- It’s time to organise supplies
- Canvas your school community – who has what they can lend – marquees, outdoor furniture for the seating area, etc etc
- Ask Stall/Activity convenors to return their stall requirement list.
- If supplies cannot be sourced via donations. Bulk buy where possible
- Always economise (buy in bulk etc) – the more spent on a stall, the lower the profits!
- Order all equipment/resources/supplies/consumables required
- In the newsletter, start asking for class donations of goods & services for the stalls
- Book all other requirements necessary (Generators, first aid, sound people, stage, equipment hire etc)
- Sufficient parking available? Sufficient power available? Sufficient Rubbish Bins available? Skip Bin required?
- Call for electrician
- Fete hop and check out prices. Work out individual costs of food to be sold, to ensure maximum profit.
- Prepare site plan if not done already
- Liquor licence application
- Confirm advertising plan – banners, flyers, radio and newspaper, website & Facebook
- Banners up around school fence if not already
- Book radio and newspaper ads if applicable
- Advertise fete in online Special Event Directories
- Send out regular notes to the school community about the fete – via Newsletter, Facebook and website.
- Helpful Resource: Guide to Promoting Community Events
- Donation letters to go out and start canvassing local business for financial and or prize support.
- If you can cover the cost of equipment and get donations for food and prizes you will save big $s
- If letters do not go out now, the success rate will be lower as other schools will get in ahead of you and bleed the community dry of donations
- When writing letters for assistance, try to focus on a need for the school that the general community sees achievable and of benefit to the children. Generalized letters do not have the same effect.
- Start putting together prizes for raffle ie: prize wheel/multi-draw.
- Helpful Resource: Sponsorship Kit
- Invoices for sponsorship
- Follow up late stall fee payments
- Organise ATMs EFT machines etc if not done already
- Prepare MC Running Sheet
- School-based performances commit attendances. The more outside groups booked, the more people from the community you draw into the fete
- Organise raffle tickets for a smaller raffle
- For a larger raffle, try to organise permission to sell outside local shops
☐ What’s not on this list but in the email 😉
- An extra fun tip! Make sure you’ve signed up to our countdown emails so you don’t miss out!
Suppliers who can help you – Lucky Dips and Prizes
Below is a useful list of suppliers who can help you at this stage of organising your event. If you do end up booking with any of them, please let them know we sent you, so that they know, for sure, to continue supporting our good work!
Bensons Trading: bensonstrading.com.au is Australia’s largest showbag and novelty wholesaler and we are specialists in Fundraising. We have all your favourite brands, pre-packed and ready send nationwide. Simply open the boxes and sell! Visit Website | Send Enquiry
Connecting with community groups
You’re Our Voice; Value of Volunteering
Food safety for fundraising events
Sideshow Alley – A Guide to Games and Prizes
Cake Stall Recipe List
Countdown to Build Momentum
Hosting a Fireworks Night Fundraiser
Mamamia: How to not be a b!*# to volunteers.
How wristbands can benefit your event
Promoting Community Events
Fundraising Publicity 101: or how to act like a PR Queen!
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders