TIP: Fireworks company may be obligated to notify XXm from firing spot. Go further as sound travels and dogs can get upset
2 Weeks to Go – ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown Planner!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Suppliers who can help you – lucky dips and prizes
- Links to useful articles
- Fete video
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
‘Fete in a Box’ is the ultimate expression of our mission at the Fundraising Directory ‘to save volunteers from having to reinvent the wheel all of the time’!
- Sign up to our emails counting you down to the big event, featuring a BUNCH of tips and templates to make life easier.
- Send us your stuff! Fete in a Box is a ‘living project’ so please send us your feedback, ideas and templates to make it even more helpful!!
- This project is a huge labour of love, so please support our work by letting our advertisers know you found them through us
2 Weeks to Go! It’s time for:
- There is a website for lost dogs that notifies of local fireworks that may not shed positive light on your event
- Send stallholder info + site plan
- Arrange Set Up/Pack Up Roster
- Organise Garbage Collection during the event
- Final meeting to make sure all is ready the week before.
- Pick up items from Consumable Wholesaler (Serviettes, Cutlery, etc) and store. Sort into stall boxes. Ask convenors to collect their items on the Friday before the fete.
- Finalise Operations Manual
- Collect price lists from convenors – send to treasurer
- Produce Run Order
- Final check with property manager
- Confirm electrician
- Print off all volunteer signup sheets
- Book electrician for Fete Day
- Arrange Hire Equipment pick up
- Make sure 2 dads sleep over for security the night before. Perhaps reward them with Pizza and a few beers. Rides company will normally will arrive night before. Ensure toilets/showers are left open.
- Confirm all equipment bookings
- Organise equipment pickup/deliveries
- Stall holders meeting, discuss float, reimbursements, schedule, setup
- Last minute confirmation outside stall holders and access instructions
- Make sure that all helpers get a roster well before the Fair, and a roster is in each stall on the day
- There should also be a sign on/ off sheet for every stall on the day of the fete re insurance purposes. Please stress the importance of signing this to all convenors!!!!
- All co-ordinators should have their sign on lists, rosters, badges and float run sheets by now.
- Create a Central Station for all food drop offs – cakes, sweets, consumables etc
- Check that all last minute stall fees have been paid
- Drop a noise warning flyer in neighbours letterbox, include discount ride pass
- Letterbox drop for neighbours esp free fireworks inc free coffee voucher
- Thank you letter to certificates
- The week before the fete, ask for parents to help deliver flyers to local streets and also local schools, churches, and kindys.
- Keep pushing ride passes – the more Passes pre-sold, the more children are committed to attending on the day
- Signage – site plan, toilets, first aid
- Signage for market trail
- Send out link to volunteer sign up sheets weekly
- Organise stall supplies
- Organise fire extinguishers for hot food stalls
- Signage – stall names, price lists
- Collect donations
- List of all sponsorship/major donors
- Pay invoices
- Reimbursements to committee members
- Do float run. Treasurer should be involved in this.
- Decide on floats needed and order from bank
- All invoices to be batched.
- Confirm all entertainment
- Ask for short introductions for MC
- Running sheet for MC
- Handing out ride wristbands – the ultimate guide
- Confirm raffle donations and market trail items
- Finalise and print bidding sheets for silent auction
☐ What’s not on this list but in the email 😉
- An extra fun tip! Make sure you’ve signed up to our countdown emails so you don’t miss out!
Below is a useful list of suppliers who can help you at this stage of organising your event. If you do end up booking with any of them, please let them know we sent you, so that they know, for sure, to continue supporting our good work!
Company: Visit Website | Send Enquiry
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders