TIP: Fireworks company may be obligated to notify XXm from firing spot. Go further as sound travels and dogs can get upset
2 Weeks to Go – ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown Planner!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Links to useful articles
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
‘Fete in a Box’ is the ultimate expression of our mission at the Fundraising Directory ‘to save volunteers from having to reinvent the wheel all of the time’!
- Sign up to our emails counting you down to the big event, featuring a BUNCH of tips and templates to make life easier.
- Send us your stuff! Fete in a Box is a ‘living project’ so please send us your feedback, ideas and templates to make it even more helpful!!
- This project is a huge labour of love, so please support our work by letting our advertisers know you found them through us
2 Weeks to Go! It’s time for:
- There is a website for lost dogs that notifies of local fireworks that may not shed positive light on your event
- Send stallholder info + site plan
- Arrange Set Up/Pack Up Roster
- Organise Garbage Collection during the event
- Final meeting to make sure all is ready the week before.
- Pick up items from Consumable Wholesaler (Serviettes, Cutlery, etc) and store. Sort into stall boxes. Ask convenors to collect their items on the Friday before the fete.
- Finalise Operations Manual
- Collect price lists from convenors – send to treasurer
- Produce Run Order
- Final check with property manager
- Confirm electrician
- Print off all volunteer signup sheets
- Book electrician for Fete Day
- Arrange Hire Equipment pick up
- Make sure 2 dads sleep over for security the night before. Perhaps reward them with Pizza and a few beers. Rides company will normally will arrive night before. Ensure toilets/showers are left open.
- Confirm all equipment bookings
- Organise equipment pickup/deliveries
- Stall holders meeting, discuss float, reimbursements, schedule, setup
- Last minute confirmation outside stall holders and access instructions
- Make sure that all helpers get a roster well before the Fair, and a roster is in each stall on the day
- There should also be a sign on/ off sheet for every stall on the day of the fete re insurance purposes. Please stress the importance of signing this to all convenors!!!!
- All co-ordinators should have their sign on lists, rosters, badges and float run sheets by now.
- Create a Central Station for all food drop offs – cakes, sweets, consumables etc
- Check that all last minute stall fees have been paid
- Drop a noise warning flyer in neighbours letterbox, include discount ride pass
- Letterbox drop for neighbours esp free fireworks inc free coffee voucher
- Thank you letter to certificates
- The week before the fete, ask for parents to help deliver flyers to local streets and also local schools, churches, and kindys.
- Keep pushing ride passes – the more Passes pre-sold, the more children are committed to attending on the day
- Signage – site plan, toilets, first aid
- Signage for market trail
- Send out link to volunteer sign up sheets weekly
- Organise stall supplies
- Organise fire extinguishers for hot food stalls
- Signage – stall names, price lists
- Collect donations
- List of all sponsorship/major donors
- Pay invoices
- Reimbursements to committee members
- Do float run. Treasurer should be involved in this.
- Decide on floats needed and order from bank
- All invoices to be batched.
- Confirm all entertainment
- Ask for short introductions for MC
- Running sheet for MC
- Handing out ride wristbands – the ultimate guide
- Confirm raffle donations and market trail items
- Finalise and print bidding sheets for silent auction
☐ What’s not on this list but in the email 😉
- An extra fun tip! Make sure you’ve signed up to our countdown emails so you don’t miss out!
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders