11 Months to Go – ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown Planner!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Links to useful articles
- Fete video
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
‘Fete in a Box’ is the ultimate expression of our mission at the Fundraising Directory ‘to save volunteers from having to reinvent the wheel all of the time’!
- Sign up to our emails counting you down to the big event, featuring a BUNCH of tips and templates to make life easier.
- Send us your stuff! Fete in a Box is a ‘living project’ so please send us your feedback, ideas and templates to make it even more helpful!!
- This project is a huge labour of love, so please support our work by letting our advertisers know you found them through us
11 Months to Go! It’s time for:
- Schedule committee meetings – either for the entire countdown or for the next few months.
- Theme – are you going to have one? What’s your hook? Out of the box idea: find a local fete who recently had a theme and borrow their stuff!
- What is your event going to raise money for? It’s important to have this discussion early so it can be woven through the whole fete story including sponsorship proposals etc.
- Rest up for now – your work ramps up later!
- Start brainstorming. Check out our 101 Stall Megaguide eBook.
- Start spying on other fete websites and following other Facebook pages for ideas…
- Get your sponsorship person locked in and get them tooled up with the resources here on this site that will help them, include draft proposal templates.
- Consider individual stall sponsorship and the potential of getting each stallholder to source their own sponsor. This can divide up the work but can also get a little messy keeping track or everything.
- Time to tap out a rough budget?
- Unless you’re booking Bill Joel, you can probably relax for now 😉
- If you’re not doing a major prize draw (like with a car), you can start brainstorming prizes but otherwise can kick back a little.
Fundraising Tip; Get in early for sponsorship!
Dream themes for fetes
Fundraising Theme: Finding a hook for your fundraising event
A ‘sense of purpose’ is the key to volunteer engagement and happiness.
Having a drawcard at your event
Lob a Choc
Clowning Around With Fete Themes
Avoiding Conflict in your Committee
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders