11 Months to Go – ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown Planner!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Suppliers who can help you – lucky dips and prizes
- Links to useful articles
- Fete video
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
‘Fete in a Box’ is the ultimate expression of our mission at the Fundraising Directory ‘to save volunteers from having to reinvent the wheel all of the time’!
- Sign up to our emails counting you down to the big event, featuring a BUNCH of tips and templates to make life easier.
- Send us your stuff! Fete in a Box is a ‘living project’ so please send us your feedback, ideas and templates to make it even more helpful!!
- This project is a huge labour of love, so please support our work by letting our advertisers know you found them through us
11 Months to Go! It’s time for:
- Schedule committee meetings – either for the entire countdown or for the next few months.
- Theme – are you going to have one? What’s your hook? Out of the box idea: find a local fete who recently had a theme and borrow their stuff!
- What is your event going to raise money for? It’s important to have this discussion early so it can be woven through the whole fete story including sponsorship proposals etc.
- Rest up for now – your work ramps up later!
- Start brainstorming. Check out our 101 Stall Megaguide eBook.
- Start spying on other fete websites and following other Facebook pages for ideas…
- Get your sponsorship person locked in and get them tooled up with the resources here on this site that will help them, include draft proposal templates.
- Consider individual stall sponsorship and the potential of getting each stallholder to source their own sponsor. This can divide up the work but can also get a little messy keeping track or everything.
- Time to tap out a rough budget?
- Unless you’re booking Bill Joel, you can probably relax for now 😉
- If you’re not doing a major prize draw (like with a car), you can start brainstorming prizes but otherwise can kick back a little.
Suppliers who can help you – Lucky Dips and Prizes
Below is a useful list of suppliers who can help you at this stage of organising your event. If you do end up booking with any of them, please let them know we sent you, so that they know, for sure, to continue supporting our good work!
Company: Visit Website | Send Enquiry
Fundraising Tip; Get in early for sponsorship!
Dream themes for fetes
Fundraising Theme: Finding a hook for your fundraising event
A ‘sense of purpose’ is the key to volunteer engagement and happiness.
Having a drawcard at your event
Lob a Choc
Clowning Around With Fete Themes
Avoiding Conflict in your Committee
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders