‘Fete in a Box’ 10 Months to Go – Countdown Planner!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Links to useful articles
- Fete video
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
‘Fete in a Box’ is the ultimate expression of our mission at the Fundraising Directory ‘to save volunteers from having to reinvent the wheel all of the time’!
- Sign up to our emails counting you down to the big event, featuring a BUNCH of tips and templates to make life easier.
- Send us your stuff! Fete in a Box is a ‘living project’ so please send us your feedback, ideas and templates to make it even more helpful!!
- This project is a huge labour of love, so please support our work by letting our advertisers know you found them through us 🙂
10 months to go! It’s time for:
- Look into whether any local council grants are available for your event. For example, Brisbane City Council offers a suburban initiative grant.
- Make sure your ride booking is finalised.
- If you would like roads closed off, look into council permits.
- Also check if the council offers a bin program for events.
- If you are bringing in external vendors, prepare an expressions of interest sign up form on website – it will save you from going through emails later. You can use Google Forms or the free plan of Typeform for this.
- Signage – if you’re planning on putting up signs around the neighbourhood, check with your local council in case you need permission – this process can take some time.
- While you’re there – ask them to put your fete on their community calendar.
- Does your sponsorship proposal (or at least your proposed packages) need to be approved by the committee or your school? If so, make sure it’s prepared in plenty of time.
- COOL IDEA: This idea can be used as either a prize (for example highest raffle ticket seller) or for a ‘fireworks sponsor’. You can let the sponsor be the one to press ‘go’ on the fireworks. Obviously you need to be having fireworks for this to work 😆
- Mostly a rest month 🙂 If you’re desperate to do something, you can look into what format the invoices to the sponsors will take.
- If you are looking at paid entertainment, for example roving entertainers, start looking at options now.
- If you’re doing a major raffle, you’ll need to organise your prize well in advance so you can apply for the necessary approvals. See the raffle rules here.
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders