1 Week to Go – Countdown!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Links to useful articles
- Fete video
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
Our ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown is the predecessor to our book: The Practical Fete Handbook for Fundraising Event Organisers! The book contains all of the information in this article and so much more – consolidated in an easy-to-read format, including the bonus: 99 Fete Stall Ideas! You can buy the book in printed form or as an eBook here.
1 Week to Go! It’s time for:
- Convenor packs
- From fb:Parking-I found having a parking space reserved for special guests and first aiders helped with getting them in on time. Fluro vests for yourself and other committee members to be easily seen. Command tent/central post for lost and found. Extra tickets or wrist bands for ‘lost’ tickets (most likely still in the bottom of their school bag if you send them home the day beforehand like we do).
Have a person who will be your helper for the day. So much happens that you can’t be everywhere at once. Someone you trust and is happy to do lots of odd jobs on the day.
Have fun, stop, take a breath and take it all in. It’s a magical day!
- Plan where things are to be kept until the day
- Plan to get things out of storage where are they going? When?
- Lanyards contacts special sticker for money collectors
- Activity declaration form for Insurance – 7 days prior in Qld
- Organise lifeline (etc) to pick up leftover 2nd hand goods
- Make map/phone number lanyards
- Send out cake packaging / Cake boxes can be picked up from tuckshop /Send home cake boxes or paper plates + ingredient list checkbox
- Facebook Daily Countdown
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders