1 Day to Go – ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown Planner!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Links to useful articles
- Fete video
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
‘Fete in a Box’ is the ultimate expression of our mission at the Fundraising Directory ‘to save volunteers from having to reinvent the wheel all of the time’!
- Sign up to our emails counting you down to the big event, featuring a BUNCH of tips and templates to make life easier.
- Send us your stuff! Fete in a Box is a ‘living project’ so please send us your feedback, ideas and templates to make it even more helpful!!
- This project is a huge labour of love, so please support our work by letting our advertisers know you found them through us 🙂
1 Day to Go! It’s time for:
- What’s done is done, profit will be what it is, don’t stress
- Breathe and relax – it will come together!!!!
- Chargers, ensure everything is plugged in eg walkie talkies mobile phones etc
- Overnight security (last minute lifting jobs) – Ask some willing fathers to sleep overnight onsite as volunteer security (thank them profusely!).
- Spray paint layout on oval: food section, stalls, community showcase, rides
- Students to take chairs to oval.
- Make sure there’s a map of stalls layout for when stall holders arrive to set up
- Set up market stalls / Marquees up for school stalls, bar, food areas (ask stall holders to help)
- put tables/chairs in place
- Ensure Bar / alcohol area is roped off
- Bump in, rides, chip van, stage, food deliveries, fridges
- Pick up and Prepare what Fresh food you can
- Load fridges with food and drink
- Stall co-ordinators can come set up after 4pm
- Create a central station for children dropping off cakes, lollies and other items. These may need to be stored in your portable cold room.
- Put out street signs on local street corners – remember to collect them the next afternoon.
- Charge eft machine
- Collect float money from bank and make up stall floats
- Make sure you have copies of Running sheets to give stalls for entertainment/stage MC announcements, sponsor blurbs, half price cakes etc
- Set up silent auction
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders