1 Day to Go – ‘Fete in a Box’ Countdown Planner!
On this page you will find:
- Checklists for:
- Suppliers who can help you – lucky dips and prizes
- Links to useful articles
- Fete video
- Quickfind guide to source all the suppliers you need
What is ‘Fete in a Box’?
‘Fete in a Box’ is the ultimate expression of our mission at the Fundraising Directory ‘to save volunteers from having to reinvent the wheel all of the time’!
- Sign up to our emails counting you down to the big event, featuring a BUNCH of tips and templates to make life easier.
- Send us your stuff! Fete in a Box is a ‘living project’ so please send us your feedback, ideas and templates to make it even more helpful!!
- This project is a huge labour of love, so please support our work by letting our advertisers know you found them through us 🙂
Chargers, ensure everything is plugged in eg walkie talkies mobile phones etc
What’s done is done, profit will be what it is, don’t stress
Charge eft machine
Running sheet for ent stage MC announcements sponsor blurbs
Set up silent auction
Set up market stalls
Overnight security (last minute lifting jobs)
Load fridges with food and drink
Marquees up for school stalls, bar, food areas
Collect float money from bank and make up stall floats
Spray paint, food stall layout, outside stalls, community showcase
Bump in, rides, chip van, stage, food deliveries, fridges
Mark Stall locations on oval
Make sure there's a map of stalls for all the female Stall Co-Ordinators out there – don't let men override your plans!
Marquees erected – tables/chairs in place
Stall co-ordinators can come set up after 4pm
Hand out all Coordinator ID Badges
Cover all trestle tables
Put out street signs on local street corners – remember to collect them the next afternoon.
Ensure Bar / alcohol area is roped off
Breathe and relax – it will come together!!!!
Aim to set up as much as possible on the day before the fete. Your fete schedule is crucial. Not only will you have enough to do on the actual day, but this gives your committee time to address any problems that suddenly arise. The physical set up of a large fete can overwhelm some volunteers.
Have a plan of action ready to make this as smooth and stress-free as possible:
- Ask for volunteers to help collect tables and chairs from classrooms. This can all be done the day before.
- Organise delivery of all hire equipment and distribute to the appropriate stalls.
- Book your electrician for the afternoon before the big day, to get all power requirements in place. All stalls needing power require workplace health and safety checks complete before ‘show time’.
- Create a central station for children dropping off cakes, lollies and other items. These may need to be stored in your portable cold room.
- Use spray paint on grass or chalk on concrete to outline areas for stalls.
- Collect the float and change from the bank, and store safely.
- Let ride operators know when you are setting up. They may choose to set up major rides the day before.
- Ask some willing fathers to sleep overnight onsite as volunteer security (thank them profusely!).
- Create a contingency plan in case of wet weather.
- Ensure all stall convenors have a finalised map so they know where to set up.
- Mark Stall locations on oval
- Make sure there’s a map of stalls for all the female Stall Co-Ordinators out there – don’t let men override your plans!
- Marquees erected – tables/chairs in place
- Stall co-ordinators can come set up after 4pm
- Hand out all Coordinator ID Badges
- Cover all trestle tables
- Put out street signs on local street corners – remember to collect them the next afternoon.
- Ensure Bar / alcohol area is roped off
- Breathe and relax – it will come together!!!!
1 Day to Go! It’s time for:
☐ What’s not on this list but in the email 😉
- An extra fun tip! Make sure you’ve signed up to our countdown emails so you don’t miss out!
Below is a useful list of suppliers who can help you at this stage of organising your event. If you do end up booking with any of them, please let them know we sent you, so that they know, for sure, to continue supporting our good work!
Company: Visit Website | Send Enquiry
Activities, Face Painters and Entertainment
Amusement Rides and Jumping Castles
Animals & Pony Rides
First Aid, ATMs & Services
Food, Drink & Fun Foods
Glow Sticks / LED
Showbags, Novelties & Prizes
Stall Supplies & Stallholders