For more recipe ideas download our Sweet Stall Convenor Resources for FREE! We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be in our ‘Free Resources’.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
Cake Stall Recipes for Fetes and Festivals including this Chocolate Cake Recipe.
These recipes are part of the ‘sharing’ feature of Fetes and Festivals, and volunteers within community groups have contributed most of them. The aim of this communal bank of templates is to provide a portal where knowledge can be shared and precious time saved for volunteers.
Please use all of our resources as a guide only, and modify them for your own circumstances. Fetes and Festivals takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained within.
Best of luck organising your event, and please stop by later to contribute your own ideas, resources and photos!
- 1 1/3 cups self raising flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1¼ cups castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- Sift flour and cocoa into bowl, add remaining ingredients and beat on low speed with an electric mixer until combined.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 3 minutes or until smooth and changed to a lighter colour.
- Pour mixture into a baking paper lined cake tins. Bake at 180°C (or 160° fan forced) for 30 to 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in tin for 5 minutes before turning on to a cooling rack. Ice with chocolate icing when cool.
You may also be interested in:
- Cake Stall Recipe List
- Grocery Raffle Convenor Resources
- Chocolate Wheel Convenor Resources
- Chocolate Coconut Bars Recipe
- 25 All-Time Best Fundraising Ideas