For more recipe ideas download or Sweet Stall Convenor Resources for FREE! We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be in our ‘Free Resources’.
Caramel Fudge Recipe
> Sweet Stall Recipes for Fetes and Festivals
These recipes are part of the ‘sharing’ feature of Fetes and Festivals, and volunteers within community groups have contributed most of them. The aim of this communal bank of templates is to provide a portal where knowledge can be shared and precious time saved for volunteers.
Please use all of our resources as a guide only, and modify them for your own circumstances. Fetes and Festivals takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained within.
Best of luck organising your event, and please stop by later to contribute your own ideas, resources and photos!
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 100g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- Grease an 18cm square cake pan with butter and line the base and two sides with a piece of non-stick, baking paper.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, butter and golden syrup in a heavy-based medium saucepan and stir constantly over a medium heat until the butter melts and the mixture is well combined.
- Stir until the mixture starts to bubble on the base. Reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting.
- Cook very gently, stirring constantly, for 20 – 30 minutes, or until thick and a rich golden colour, and a small amount dropped into a glass of chilled water becomes a firm ball (or 117°C – 120°C on a sugar thermometer).
- Remove immediately from the heat. Pour into the prepared pan and, if needed, smooth the surface with a spoon that has been dipped in hot water and dried.
- Set aside for at least 2 hours to set. Cut into 3.5cm squares, then cut each square into 2 triangles before wrapping.
You may also be interested in:
- Sweet Stall Recipe List
- Guide for Fete Convenor
- Guide for Entertainment Convenor
- Cakes and Slices
- Can anyone suggest any ideas for lolly stall alternatives?