For more recipe ideas download or Sweet Stall Convenor Resources for FREE! We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be in our ‘Free Resources’.
Butter Cake Recipe
Cake Stall Recipes for Fetes and Festivals for Butter Cake Recipe.
These recipes are part of the ‘sharing’ feature of Fetes and Festivals, and volunteers within community groups have contributed most of them. The aim of this communal bank of templates is to provide a portal where knowledge can be shared and precious time saved for volunteers.
Please use all of our resources as a guide only, and modify them for your own circumstances. Fetes and Festivals takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained within.
Best of luck organising your event, and please stop by later to contribute your own ideas, resources and photos!
- 125g butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 15ml baking powder
- Place butter and milk in a saucepan large enough to mix all the ingredients. Heat until butter melts. Cool to room temperature.
- Add eggs, castor sugar, sifted flour and baking powder to the saucepan and beat with a hand held mixer on low speed until combined.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a baking paper lined 20cm cake tin.
- Bake at 180°C (or 160° fan forced) for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in tin for 5 minutes before turning on to a cooling rack. Ice with butter icing when cool. Click here for butter icing recipe.
You may also be interested in:
- Cake Stall Recipe List
- Guide for Cake Stall Convenor
- Guide for Money Tree Stall Convenor
- Create-a-Cupcake Stand
- What fundraiser should we run on election day?