For more recipe ideas download our Sweet Stall Convenor Resources for FREE! We have put together over a hundred ‘how-to’ guides, templates, links and downloads to make your job as easy as it possibly can be in our ‘Free Resources’.
Banana Cake Recipe
Cake Stall Recipes for Fetes and Festivals including this Banana Cake Recipe.
These recipes are part of the ‘sharing’ feature of Fetes and Festivals, and volunteers within community groups have contributed most of them. The aim of this communal bank of templates is to provide a portal where knowledge can be shared and precious time saved for volunteers.
Please use all of our resources as a guide only, and modify them for your own circumstances. Fetes and Festivals takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained within.
Best of luck organising your event, and please stop by later to contribute your own ideas, resources and photos!
- 150g butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 cups plain flour
- 5ml baking powder
- 5ml bicarbonate of soda
- 45ml milk
- Melt butter; add sugar, eggs and mashed banana.
- Mix with an electric beater on low speed to combine. Sift in flour and baking powder.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in milk and add. Beat on low speed to combine. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a baking paper lined 20cm round cake tin. Bake at 180°C (or 160° fan forced) for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in tin for 5 minutes before turning on to a cooling rack. When cold, ice with lemon icing. Click here for lemon icing recipe.
You may also be interested in:
- Cake Stall Recipe List
- Guide for Sweet Stall Convenor
- Guide for Treasurer
- 25 All-Time Best Fundraising Ideas